Baked cauliflower mac and cheese is a delicious and healthy recipe that Jaffar loves to make for us. You can either have this dish on its own or as a side. The recipe is quite simple and I love how we get a healthy portion of protein and vegetables with it.
In our house, cooking is an essential skill and a way to express love. It’s great when Jaffar cooks for the family because not only do I get time off but the children also learn not to associate cooking with any gender roles. My father is a great cook and I have grown up watching him enjoy the skill and feed us all. I’m thankful that my children also get this experience with their father.
Baked Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Recipe
Cauliflower florets: around 1000 grams
Cheddar + mozzarella cheese: two cups of shredded cheese
Bread crumbs: one cup
Salt: to taste
Oil: around two tablespoon
- We use frozen cauliflower florets and smash them into a smaller sizes while they are in the bag. This recipe uses two bags.
- You can use two cauliflower heads also and cut the florets into small pieces.
- Spray an oven-friendly tray with oil and spread out the cauliflower florets on it evenly.
- Bake at 400F for around 30 minutes or till the florets turn golden brown. If you are not using frozen cauliflower florets, they will bake faster.
- Now take out the baking tray and sprinkle the cheese on it generously.
- Add the breadcrumbs on top.
- Put the tray inside the oven on broiler setting for around 2-3 minutes.
- Take it out when the cheese has melted nicely and a crust has formed on the top.
- Serve hot!
We ate the cauliflower mac and cheese with halal lamb meat balls (we get these at Safeway and they are from SunGold meats) and baked wedges.
We quite love cauliflower in our house and I will share a few more low-carb recipes below. Do try this baked cauliflower mac and cheese recipe and share how it turns out!