Healthy doesn’t have to be bland or difficult to make. Sharing a super easy and deliciously hot recipe of Spicy Chicken Zoodles. Zoodles are zucchini noodles and basically strands of zucchini cut as noodles. You can either buy these ready made from the fresh section in the super market or make them yourself at home with a machine to cut them in the noodles shape (many available easily).
Zoodles (zucchini noodles) are a very healthy alternate to pasta. They help us increase the vegetable portion in our diet and reduce the carbs. I bought ready-made Zoodles from the Superstore (in Canada) right where the salads are. The one there is called Zucchini Courgette Fettuccine Cut. Many people make them at home also with a vegetable spiralizer.
Spicy Chicken Zoodles Recipe
Zoodles – 2 boxes of 350 grams
Chicken – Precooked chicken slices cut into strips
Tomato paste – 1/2 cup
Carrots – 2 chopped
Green Chillies – 3 chopped
Nando (or any other chili sauce) – 2 tablespoon
Chedder Cheese – 1/2 cup shredded
Olives – chopped
Soya Sauce – to taste
Black Pepper – to taste
Sesame seed oil – 3 drops
Canola Oil – 2 tablespoons
- For this recipe I used leftovers from chicken behari boti I had made earlier (recipe by Fauzia’s Kitchen Fun). You can use any left over chicken or simply marinate chicken in some ginger garlic paste with salt and bake. Cut into thin strips.
- Heat the pan with some oil and add the carrots. Stir fry till they are cooked and then remove.
- Put the zoodles (zucchini noodles) in a strainer and place that in the sink. Pour boiling water on top and let it run through the zoodles. Make sure all the water runs through.
- Place the zoodles in the heated pan with leftover oil and stir fry for 2 minutes. Now stir in the tomato paste, chicken slices, nando sauce, soya sauce, green chilies, olives, carrots and cheese.
- Let the cheese melt and then shut off the stove. Pour 3 drops of sesame seed on top and cover the pan for a minute.
- Zoodles are ready! You can garnish with some shreds of cheese or chopped coriander.
These zoodles taste even better the next day after the sauces are truly mixed in!
Hope you enjoy this simple recipe of Spicy Chicken Zoodles. Let me know if you try them!