Cauliflower pizza is a healthy, convenient and low-carb dinner. Sharing a recipe that’s a hit in our family and quite easy to put together. I make the pizza half-and-half, since my kids like a plain cheese pizza. I add different toppings for my husband and I on the other half.
CauliFlower Pizza Recipe
- One Cauliflower head
- One cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Pizza sauce
- Olives for toppings
- Cooked meat for toppings (use leftovers)
- Basil/Mint/Cilantro for toppings (according to preference)
- One egg beaten
- Put the cauliflower in the food processor and shred
- Now put the shredded cauliflower in the microwave for five mins
- Place in the fridge to cool for 15 minutes
- Now in a bowl add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, egg, ginger/garlic paste and salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Mix it all well
- Slightly grease a baking tray and layer the mix evenly on it as the pizza crust
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes
- Take out the pizza crust and now prep the toppings
- Layer pizza sauce on top of the pizza
- Combine 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup parmesan and sprinkle on top of the pizza
- I make the pizza half-and-half and leave the kids’ half with just the pizza sauce and cheese
- For the other half, you can add toppings you like such as: cooked leftover meat/chicken, olives, basil/mint/cilantro. Get creative! You can leave the pizza vegetarian also.
- Place inside the oven for another 5 minutes for the cheese to melt. You can also switch on the broiler for the last one minute.
And that’s it! The super healthy pizza is ready! It will be a little crumbly but the health benefits out-weight the less-than-perfect texture. The best part about this pizza? I don’t fall in a food coma like I do after having a regular pizza.
You might worry that cauliflower will make you gassy? The ginger and garlic paste takes care of that. You can add a little apple cider vinegar in the crust also if you’re still concerned.
Let me know if you try this recipe!
One thought on “Cauliflower Pizza Recipe”
I do not use chicken mince for cooking purposes and instead i grind chicken cubes which i wonder sometimes can be used as pizza crust. Have you tried using ground chicken as pizza crust? the only thing i worry is that it needs a very little time for cooking and using it in pizza might make the crust hard as my family need over cooked cheese.
Comments are closed.