Any recipe that is a hit with adults and children both is a win in my dictionary! Love this creamy chicken pasta recipe made with white sauce and herbs because of its subtle flavours.
I can also assure you that you will find all ingredients at home, making this an easy weekday recipe.
Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe
Boneless chicken (cut in cubes): 500 grams
Onion (chopped): 1
Capsicum (chopped): 1
Pasta: 400 grams (one box)
Basil paste: 1 tablespoon
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Milk: 1 cup
Salted butter: 1/4 cup
All-purpose flour: 1 tablespoon
Thyme (dried leaves): 2 tablespoon
Salt: to taste
Chilli flakes: to taste
Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Boil the pasta in slightly salty water.
- Drain and set aside. Add some cold water on top.
- Heat the oil in a pot and lightly brown the onions.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Now add cubed chicken and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, till it’s cooked well.
- Add the basil paste and let it coat the chicken well.
- Add the capsicum and let them cook for five minutes with the chicken.
- In the meanwhile, in a separate pan heat the butter.
- Once it melts, add the flour and keep stirring.
- Add the milk and keep mixing so that a nice sauce is formed.
- Pour this white sauce in the pot with the chicken.
- Season with salt and chilli flakes to taste.
- Add the dried thyme leaves on top.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot!
- You can garnish the pasta with more thyme leaves before serving for that aromatic herb taste.
Hope you enjoyed this delicious creamy chicken pasta recipe made with white sauce and herbs!
This is a great recipe for lunch or a light dinner and also for school lunches!
Do let me know if you try it!
I have added the links of a few more recipes below: