It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a mother in possession of a good baked chicken nuggets recipe, will share it with other mothers!
I got this amazing baked chicken nuggets recipe from Kathleen Flinn’s amazing book “The Kitchen Counter Cooking School”. The book opened my eyes in many ways and also encouraged me to continue cooking more at home. There are also some winner recipes in this book, such as this one that my children loved!
baked chicken nuggets recipe
This recipe will make around 24 chicken nuggets.
Boneless chicken breast 1 1/2 pound
bread crumbs 1 cup
Parmesan cheese (grated) 1 cup
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Egg . 1
Milk 1/4 cup
Bread crumbs hack: If your kids don’t eat the bread edges (like mine!) keep them frozen in a ziplock. When you need bread crumbs, take them out and grind dry. Much better and healthier than packaged bread crumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Take a cookie cooling rack and place on a flat oven-friendly tray. Spray with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1.5 inches strips or the shape your children prefer.
- In a shallow bowl or a large ziplock mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. If you want to add any other seasoning at this point you can like dried thyme or mixed herbs.
- Combine egg and milk in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the milk mixture and then coat well with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place the coated chicken pieces on the cooling rack and place in the oven while it rests on top of the oven-friendly tray.
- It will take around 20 minutes for the pieces to get cooked through.
- Take out the tray. Spray some cooking oil on the chicken pieces and now place under broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- Take out and serve with a generous portion of vegetables!
My children loved this baked chicken nuggets recipe and I hope yours do also!
I feel it’s the technique of placing the chicken pieces on the cooling rack that makes the difference, since you don’t have to flip the pieces in the middle and they still get evenly cooked.
Do share how this recipe turns out for you!