The Pakistani Drama Sange Mar Mar recently concluded with the final episode airing last night. A lot of people had strong opinions about the ending with some loving it and others considering it to be quite open ended. I loved this drama. The writing, direction, production and acting was par excellence. I appreciate how it was concluded without being stretched (Thinking Shakk, Man Mayal etc). However, since we all loved it so much and didn’t get to see some of the characters in the last episode, how about a season 2?
The final episode of Sange Mar Mar showed the characters facing the consequences of their deeds. Torah confessed to his crimes. Gulistan Khan realized his mistakes. Bano was abandoned. Pari lost her senses. There are strong opinions on the fate of Shireen, if she deserved all that she went through. Shamim also ended up taking a life whereas she was shown to be the most gentle and loving soul through out the drama. Aurang and Palwasha were not shown in this episode and the last we saw of them was driving away from it all in the second last episode.
I have so many questions in my mind about what would have happened after the credits started rolling in, mostly revolving around how Aurang would react when he finds out that Torah was the killer of his beloved brothers.
This got me thinking about a plot for Sange Mar Mar Season 2, showing life 15-20 years down the road after Season 1, covering the following areas:
- Aurang and Palwasha decide to live in the city and raise their children there
- Gulistan Khan and Shamim open a school and hospital in the village. Shamim is the new face of women empowerment.
- Bano becomes the head nurse in the hospital and now derives pleasure from giving unrequired injections to people and watching them cry
- Shireen marries Durkhanay’s brother and takes care of all her brother’s properties and land. Lala finally has a happy ending.
- Bulbul becomes the music teacher at Gulistan Khan’s school
- Aurang and Palwasha send their son to spend the summer in the village and he falls in love with Durkhanay’s daughter (who is as feisty as her mom)
- Internet and smart phones finally arrive in the village taking care of 90% of the miscommunications
- Durkhanay’s daughter and Aurang’s son use FaceTime and don’t put their life in danger by meeting at Teelas
- All women in the village are provided Iron Supplements under the Gulalai Benefit Fund and Calcium + D3 under the Rakshi Begum Charity Program. The Gulalai Benefit Fund also conducts regular road safety classes.
What do you all think? What else would you add to the plot of Season 2?