Veggie burgers can be delicious too! In an attempt to add more vegetables in our diet, we have been replacing meat in a lot of our usual meals. Here is a veggie burger recipe using lentils and sweet potatoes. It goes great for dinner, light lunch, iftari or tea!
VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE
Red lentils: 1 cup
Sweet potatoes: 1 big one
Bread crumbs: 1 cup
Burger buns: 6
White vinegar: 1 tablespoon
Goat cheese: 1/2 cup
Sour cream: 1 cup
Salt: to taste
Chili flakes: to taste
Coriander powder: 1 table spoon
Cumin powder: 1 tablespoon
Cooking oil: 1 tablespoon
- Boil the lentil in a cup of water till they are cooked.
- Steam the sweet potatoes and mash them.
- Mix the lentils and sweet potatoes along with half of the bread crumbs with salt, chili flakes, coriander powder and cumin powder. (I keep the bread edges my kids won’t eat in the freezer. Chop them in the blender and use in place of boxed bread crumbs)
- Make burger patties with the mix
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan. Now dip the patty in the leftover breadcrumbs from both sides and fry on medium heat.
- Flip it when one side is done.
- Now take off from the heat and fry all the patties.
- Crumble the goat cheese and mix with the sour cream and vinegar to make the sauce. You can add a little salt also.
- Now slightly grill each burger bun on a heated frying pan (without oil). Remove from heat.
- Place the patty inside and generously blog the sauce on the patty before putting the second bun on top.
- Serve with your favorite veggies or fries!
I love baking the veggies by placing on parchment paper and cooking for 20 minutes with a sprinkle of salt.
Do let me know if you try this veggie burger recipe and how it turns out! Always love hearing from you!
If you’re looking some more veggie recipes, do try out this Shaljum Kebab one!