Mixed vegetables is a great side dish to a good portion of protein like a fillet of chicken or fish. Sharing a desi and a standard version of the mixed vegetable recipe. I love the desi mixed vegetables recipe with white rice or roti. The standard one goes great for lunch and we usually make a bulk amount on Sunday to last us the entire week. A lot of you requested this recipe as I did some bulk cooking on a Sunday and shared on my Instagram stories, so here goes!
Mixed Vegetable Recipe – STandard
Frozen peas, cauliflower, kale, carrots, potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, coconut oil, salt, pepper, chilli powder.
- Heat two tablespoon of coconut oil in a pot.
- Add the onions and let them change colour.
- Now add the spices and stir a little.
- Cut potatoes, carrots and tomatoes in small pieces.
- Add potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and peas and let them cook. Cover the pot and reduce heat to low-medium for 10 minutes.
- Now add the rest of the vegetables and cook everything together in the pot for another five minutes and you’re done!
Mixed Vegetable Recipe – Desi
Frozen peas, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, chickpeas, onion, green chilies, fresh coriander, canola oil, salt, chilli powder, cumin whole, dried fenugreek.
- Cut potatoes, carrots and tomatoes in small pieces. Take out the peas. Keep all vegetables separately.
- Cut onion in small pieces and fry in a pot.
- After onion becomes golden put in salt, red chilies and cumin and fry together.
- Then put in all the vegetables. No need to add water.
- Mix all the masala and the vegetables and put on the lid. Cook on low to medium for 15-20 minutes.
- Check the chickpeas and the potatoes. If they are done, add the dry fenugreek. Mix everything together.
- Garnish with green chillies and fresh coriander.
Hope you enjoy these two versions of the mixed vegetable recipe. Let me know if you try it!