Chapli Kebab is a flavorful minced kebab that originated from Peshawar in northwest Pakistan. My Phupo is visiting me these days and she is one of my most favorite cooks. I shared an Instagram story of her making Chapli Kebab for us and freezing dozens of them. I must have got a thousand messages requesting the recipe, so here goes. Sharing a delicious Chapli Kebab Recipe.
Chapli Kebab Recipe
Minced beef 1/2 kg
Onions chopped 1
Tomatoes 1 chopped finely
Green chilies chopped 4
Green onions chopped 2
Coriander chopped 1 bunch
Mint chopped 3 tablespoon
Coriander powder 1 tablespoon (grinded but not too fine)
Garam masala powder 1 tablespoon
Cumin Powder 1 teapoon
Anardana 1 tablespoon (grinded but not too fine)
Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
Ginger/Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
Breadcrumbs 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Chili flakes to taste
- Beat one egg raw and fry the other scrambled with a little oil.
- Make sure minced meat is dry when you start (you can put it the freezer for a bit if it’s not). Add all the ingredients to the minced meat including the eggs except the tomatoes.
- Put in the food processor and chop everything but not for too long so that onions maintain their texture.
- Cut the tomato removing the seeds and add to the mix.
- Place the mix in the fridge for an hour.
- Now make small patty shapes and fry.
- If you want to serve right away, you can add a tomato at the top as you fry.
- If you plan to freeze a batch, fry the kebabs lightly and then place in a tray. Add aluminum foil between layers.
- When you plan to serve, thaw the chapli kebab in the microwave and then fry lightly.
Hope you enjoyed this chapli kebab recipe by my lovely Phupo! We will be sharing the home-made icecream recipe soon also!