The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton is one of my most favorite books! The Enchanted Forest and characters from the book such as Moonface, Dame-wash-a-lot and the Saucepan Man opened up a whole new world of imagination and magic for me. If you’re also a fan, here is how to put together a Saucepan Man costume!
The best part about this costume is that you can use all the things lying around the house.
What you will need:
- aluminium foil
- popsicle sticks
- disposable aluminum bowls
- colander with a handle
- some yarn or string
- old saucepan from the house
SAucepan Man Costume:
- Line together three popsicle sticks and tape together. Now cover them with aluminium foil.
- Now place at an angle to the disposable aluminum bowls and put tape both at the top and bottom to fix them in place.
- Make as many small saucepans as you want to hang on your saucepan man costume.
- Now string two saucepans each with yarn or a string.
- Cover the colander with aluminum foil to make a saucepan hat.
- To put together the saucepan man costume, wear all black and put the stringed saucepans around your neck.
- Put the colander on your head and carry any old saucepans you have in the house.
- You can also hold The Magic Faraway Tree book for added effect!
The saucepan man was one of my favorite characters from the world of the Enchanted Forest. You can pretend to not hear anyone too well to get more in character!
I had a lot of fun putting together this saucepan man costume! If you try this one, do let me know! Always love hearing from you all!