Pakistani Drama Aangan is running these days on ARY Digital and gaining huge popularity because of it’s hilarious script and well-loved cast. Sharing nine reasons why I love the drama Aangan. What are yours?
1. Realistic characters
Aangan has characters who are real to life and imperfect in their own ways. I love Hajra for her loyalty to her family as the eldest bahu (daughter-in-law) holding everyone together, but she also her own shortcomings. The mother-in-law is hilarious and loves her children but is also afraid of them. The family complains and bickers but stands up for each other.
2. Hilarious script
The best part of the story is the hilarious script by Faiza Iftikhar. Only she can show us the irresponsibility of Zahid towards his family and devotion towards his Tableeghi Jamat in such a light way, which is otherwise a very sensitive topic to bring up. Aneela and her husband Ala-uddin have become household favorites due to their memorable depiction of the nand and damaad from hell.
3. Highlighting Social Issues
I love how the drama Aangan brings forward the following important social issues folded in it’s hilarious script:
- Couples dealing with infertility as we see the struggles of Laila and shows us how people’s concern and intrigue is hurtful for the couple.
- Zoya is older to the boy who falls for her and he takes a stand for her against the wishes of his mother. The drama shows how it’s OK and should be encouraged.
- Zahid gives more importance to the rituals of religion and does not pay attention to fulfilling the needs of his family by keeping a job.
- The brother who has moved abroad becomes selfish and hurts his father by highlighting the financial support he provides whereas all the parents want is his presence and company.
4. Ensemble Cast
Each member of the cast is important and holds the story together. I love the drama Aangan because of each member of it’s cast and how they have endeared themselves to the audience. Be it Hajra, Anila, Laila, Sajjad Bhai or Abba Jee, each member of the cast is doing a great job!
5. lessons in a Light Manner
There are important lessons embedded within the jokes such as the importance of family planning, being financially independent for your family, holding the family together and being sensitive towards couples dealing with infertility.
6. Nostalgic Appeal
Aangan reminds us all of the dramas that we grew up watching with family values, strong scripts and well-developed characters.
7. Relatable Family
Aangan is a family all of us can relate to with its love, imperfections and bickering. The story has scenarios which all of us have lived through or witnessed. This is what gives the drama Aangan it’s appeal and huge fan following.
Are you following the drama Aangan? What are your reasons to love the story?