We all talk about the importance of Mommy Me time but the challenge is always how to make it happen! Sharing some fun ideas on how to carve out time in our busy lives which is good for mom’s physical and mental well-being. And no, time browsing on your phone does not count! We are talking about actual Mommy Me Time that takes her away from her everyday responsibilities so that she returns rejuvenated and motivated.
Ask for help/Make your case
The first step in making Mommy Me Time happen is to ask for help. You need support from family or friends to take care of the children while you punch out for a little while. This can be your husband, mother/mother-in-law, sister or a babysitter. Make your case by telling them that even a little time for yourself is important for your mental health and you will return happier and a better mother. If you have no support, make use of the time when the children nap or after they go to bed. Even 15 minutes every day or every other day and 30 minutes in a week is great for the soul!
Fun ideas If You Have One Hour
Here are some fun ideas if you have one hour. Even if you can manage one of these once a month you will feel great!
- Get a pedicure! If you can’t leave the house, moisturize/clean the feet, put on some nail polish and relax with some music with either a mask on your face or cucumbers/dried tea bags on your eyes.
- Get a blow dry! It makes you feel like a movie star with bouncy, shiny hair for many days! Nothing like great hair to feel fabulous.
- Grab a cup of coffee or tea with a friend or read a book.
Fun ideas if you have 30 minutes
Sometimes you just have 30 minutes. Here are some ideas that will help you rejuvenate.
- Take a nice long bath/shower.
- Call a friend you haven’t talked to in a long time.
- Take a walk in a nearby park.
- Put on a mask, dim the lights and listen to some great music.
- Take a nap. A proper one, in the bed. Set the alarm so that you’re up in 30 minutes.
- Make yourself a cup of tea and research something that makes you happy. This could be the next family vacation, a summer reading list, a class you have always wanted to take, a hobby you want to pursue or a DIY project that has been on your mind.
fun Ideas if you have 10 minutes
Even if you make 10 minutes for yourself every day or every other day, you will feel like a happier mom! Here are some things you can do:
- Make yourself a cup of tea/coffee/green tea and drink it in peace and while it’s still hot.
- Put on a song that makes you happy and do a silly dance.
- Drink a full glass of water, while sitting down.
- Take some deep breathes and do some stretches.
- Follow a simple skincare routine by cleaning your face + toning + moisturizing. This is especially important before you go to sleep.
I would highly recommend the Naturalene Face Cleanser that’s great for daily use for all skin types. Read all about it here.
Let’s Talk Mommy Me Time
Join me on facebook live on August 20 (Sunday) at 11.30 am EST (and 8.30 pm in Pakistan) as we talk about Mommy Me Time, why it’s important and lots of tips for self care. There will also be prizes to win! Join the facebook event here to remember and lots of pre-event fun!
Hope you enjoyed these tips. Do let me know which ones you try. Always love hearing from you.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Greeniche. All opinions are my own.
+ 7 Tips to Rock Being a Happy SAHM
4 thoughts on “Mommy Me Time: Some Fun Ideas to Make it Happen”
These are great tips! I have tons of friends that are moms and am always stressing how important it is take time out. I like that you gave suggestions for even just 10 mins 😉
Thanks! Oh yes time out is so important! Even if it’s just 10 minutes 🙂
Thanks for this relaxing session for moms . Really enjoyed tea with you . ?
These are thoes simple things that we all know but we all need its revision sessions .shukkar hai kaisi nai moms ka bhi socha. ?❤
Being a stay home mom and a daughter in law here im Pk is a full time job, there’sno doubt about that..apart from that each one of us needs a quiet time during day or weekend to wind up …this was an excellent article. I usually grab a cuppa with my favorite episode of my favorite season..have also started weight loss yoga while the kids are out playing.
Comments are closed.