Winters in Canada are so diffferent from the ones in Pakistan. In Calgary we brace ourselves for the cold whereas in Islamabad the months of winter were a welcome change from the hot weather. Here are 34 random things I’m missing about winters in Islamabad on this cold day in Calgary.
1. The piles of oranges that were devoured sitting under the warm winter sun.
9. The random hilarious graffiti.
10. Family huddles around the heater enjoying tea, dry fruit and gupshup.
12. The Islamabad club that feels like home with the memories and the warm welcomes.
14. Lazy TV watching with tea I don’t have to make myself.
15. Munchies ke chaat.
17. The best snack in the world: Makai ke Danay
18. The flower market in F7
19. Lemon Soda at Jinnah Market after dinner
20. Those curly spicy Afghan chips wrapped in newspaper bags.
21. The cone icecream
23. And huddling infront of the make-shift heaters in times of gas-load shedding.
25. Soaking the winter sun with a great book
27. And more beautiful sunsets from the rooftop at home.
29. Watching Islamabad from Saidpur Village while eating hotspot icecream
30. The most divine amrood and anaar fruit chaat.
31. The best combo in the world: Rus + Milkpak cream
32. Admiring Truck Art upclose.
33. Enjoying autumn colours and fresh blooms at the same time on the streets of Islamabad
34. That view of Faisal Mosque that always takes my breath away.
Truly, Islamabad is one of the most beautiful cities in world! What are some of your favourite memories from the city?