Here is a super simple egg-fried vegetable rice recipe that is always a hit! This dish goes great with an gravy dish and is a nice variation to regular rice for your dinner/lunch menu.
Egg-fried vegetable rice are one of the first rice I learnt to cook when I moved to Canada. They were super simple to make since the rice was boiled separately and I did not have to estimate the water quantity for the rice since I made the rice in the rice cooker. Every dinner that I hosted for the first year had egg-fried vegetable rice as a staple on the menu! Here is how to make it yourself!
Rice: 3 cups
Peas: 1/2 cup
Shredded carrots: 1/2 cup
Capsicum: 2 (chopped)
Garlic: 4 (chopped)
Soya sauce: 4 tablespoons
Sesame seed oil: 2 tablespoons
Canola oil: 1 tablespoon
Orange food color (optional)
Egg-Fried Vegetable Rice Recipe:
- Boil the rice separately.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the chopped garlic pieces.
- After the garlic changes color, add the eggs and scramble into small pieces.
- Add a pinch of orange food color (optional).
- Now add all the vegetables you want to use and stir fry.
- Pour in the soya sauce and sesame seed oil and mix well.
- Now add the boiled rice and mix.
The egg-fried vegetable rice are ready to serve! These go great with gravy dishes, kebab or fish. These rice have the particular taste of Pakistani-Chinese dishes that is very unique to how Chinese dishes are cooked in Pakistan and I have not found anywhere else in the world!
Do let me know if you try this recipe and how it turns out!
Linking below a few more recipes that you can use: