We love these salmon potato cutlets in our house! The kids call them “aalo cookies” and I make them at least once a week because they are packed with nutrition. You can jump right to the salmon potato cutlets recipe below or read my ode to salmon in the paragraph below (because I love it that much!).
Don’t blame just my enthusiasm, salmon is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet! It’s rich in omega-3 fatty acids and a great source of protein. Salmon is high in B Vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 and B12), which are involved in several important processes in our body: turning food into energy, creating and repairing DNA, and reducing the inflammation that can lead to heart disease. B vitamins work together to maintain optimal functioning of our brain and nervous system. Salmon can be a powerful weapon against inflammation and a great protein to add in our diet if you want a healthy weight.
Even if you didn’t read the paragraph above, take my word for it: salmon is great for you! The best way to have salmon is to pan fry or bake a salmon fillet. But if you have some picky eaters in the house, salmon potato cutlets are a great way to enjoy it too!
Salmon Potato Cutlets Recipe
- 1 salmon fillet
- 4 potatoes
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon kala namak
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- Oil to shallow fry
- Cut the potatoes in smaller pieces and boil in some salted water.
- Mash the potatoes.
- In the meanwhile, pan fry the salmon fillet.
- Add the salmon to the mashed potatoes along with the bread crumbs, cornflour, kala namak, ground coriander, chopped coriander, cracked egg and salt to taste.
- Mix everything well with your hands and make nice round patty shapes.
- Now shallow fry on medium heat.
Serve either as a side with rice, raita or with vegetables.
This salmon potato cutlets recipe is a hit in our house both with adults and the kids! Let me know if you try it too!