Who doesn’t love great ideas to utilize leftovers? I love making this leftovers pizza with a delicious homemade dough recipe I learnt from my mother-in-law, making this leftovers pizza recipe healthy and wholesome.
All-purpose flour 2 cups
Instant yeast 3 teaspoon
Milk 1 cup
Leftovers 1 cup
Oil 3 tablespoon
Pizza sauce 1/2 cup
Ajwain seeds 1 tablespoon
Hemp hearts. 2 tablespoon (optional)
Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese 1 cup (shredded)
Sugar 1 teaspoon
Salt 1 teaspoon
leftovers pizza recipe
- Prepare the dough by mixing one cup all-purpose flour, hemp seeds, ajwain, salt and sugar.
- Now add the oil and keep mixing.
- Add one cup of warm milk.
- Slowing add one cup of all-purpose flour and keep kneading till a nice dough forms.
- Cover and place in a warm spot for two hours for it to rise.
- If the house is cold, switch on the oven and place the dough near it.
- Once dough has risen, flatten it into a circular shape on the counter (even rectangular is fine!).
- Spread pizza sauce on the dough.
- Now take your leftovers and add them on the pizza. I have used qeema, crumbled shami kebab and leftover meat curry. Make sure you cut the meat pieces into smaller chunks if they are big.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top generously.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425F for 15 minutes.
- Let the pizza sit for five minutes before eating.
The recipe above will make one medium sized pizza. You can double (triple) the ingredients for two (three) pizzas.
You can also freeze the dough for later. When you want to use it, put it in the fridge overnight to thaw.
The best part about this leftovers pizza recipe is that my kids love it! It gives a new look to leftovers and is super easy to make! Over all a win-win!
Do let me know if you try this recipe!