Reading books has always been a passion of mine! Last week I asked all of my readers to share their current reads so that we can have a lovely list of book recommendations for everyone. I was delighted that the response was amazing!
Since all the book recommendations were on my Instagram stories, many of my readers asked me to compile the list on the blog for easy access. Before any further delay here you go!
Let me know which ones you have read or plan to read?
1. Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak
I recently finished this book and loved the sufi message of universal love. This was one of the most recommended books by all the blog readers!
2. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
This book is a lovely guide to self acceptance and living wholeheartedly.
3. Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman
This is a classic book on human relations and highly recommended if you wish to improve your marriage.
4. Five Love Languages of Children
This version is written for parents with children and their love needs in mind. I love this one!
5. Mind Platter by Najwa Zebian
This one was from the book recommendations by The Prairie Muslim as her current read.
6. When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
This one is a highly emotional read and still on my list! I have been warned that you need a strong heart to go through it
7. The Bastard of Istanbul by Elif Shafak
Really enjoyed this story by Elik Shafak since it envokes many emotions. A rich read.
8. Girl, Wash Your Face
I have heard so much about this book that really want to read it!
9. I am Malala
This one has been on my list for so long!
10. Speeches That Changed the World
I love well-written speeches and this book sounds like a must read!
11. Ikigai – the Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life
I’m truly intrigued at this suggestion by a reader.
12. Jinnah of Pakistan by Stanley Wolpert
I think I read this one as a kid and excited to read it again.
13. The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashmi
I’m looking forward to read this book by a new author I recently learnt about.
14. After the Prophet by Lesley Hazleton
I have been wanting to read this one for so long!
15. Becoming by Michele Obama
This has to be the most sought-after book of 2018!
16. Secret by Rhonda Byrne
I read this classic many moons ago and it still resonates true today!
17. Letters to a Young Muslim by Omar Saif Ghobash
I haven’t read this one but intrigued by it. Will share my review, once i read it.
18. Khadijah the Mother of the History’s Greatest Nation
Hazrat Khadijah (R.A) has always been one of my favorite boss lady! Really want to read this one.
19. The Upward Spiral
This one comes highly recommended too for mental health.
20. The Power of Now
This book again is great for mental health and personal development.
21. Bajang Amad by Colonel Muhammad
One of my most favorite Urdu books! I have reviewed it here also.
22. How to talk so kids will listen and how to listen so kids will talk
This is a great parenting book!
23. Patras Ke Mazameen
Another Urdu classic that’s a must read!
24. The Honest Toddler, a Child’s Guide to Parenting
Enjoy this refreshing look at parenting!
25. Uljhay Suljhay Anwar by Imrana Maqsood
I loved this book and reviewed it here. Highly recommended.
Hope you enjoyed all these book recommendations. I will keep adding to this list as I get more suggestions. I’m so excited to have so many new books to read soon.
What have you been reading recently? Would love to hear from you!