Hello mommies! Do you have a picky eater in your house who only seems to like fast food? Don’t worry, there is no shame in this game! Here’s a McDonald’s type chicken nuggets recipe to make at home for your little one!
Plain flour 1 cup
Onion powder 1 teaspoon
Oregano powder 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Chicken boneless (thigh or breast)
Vegetable oil (for frying)
McDonald’s Type Chicken Nuggets Recipe:
- Mix the salt, onion powder, oregano and pepper in the flour and place in a ziplock bag.
- Place the chicken pieces flat on a board and hit with a mallet to make them flat.
- Now cut the chicken pieces in bite sizes.
- Place the chicken pieces in the ziplock and shake well. Put in the fridge for an hour.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and add some water.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the flour mix, dip in the egg mix, shake off excess and put the chicken pieces back in the ziplock with the flour.
- Place in the fridge for another 30 mins to an hour.
- Take the chicken pieces out and now fry them.
- I have tried a baked version of this recipe and very happy to share that it tastes just as great! Just bake for 20 mins at 350F, turning in between.
Serve the chicken nuggets with your child’s favorite vegetables or dip! Baby carrots, cucumbers, snap peas, broccoli and capsicum are all great options of vegetables to serve with chicken nuggets. Some children like to eat the nuggets with ketchup and others with a dip like honey mustard sauce.
Hope your children enjoy this McDonald’s chicken nuggets recipe and it especially helps the picky eater in your house!
Do let me know if you try this McDonald’s chicken nuggets recipe!