I love recipes that are easy to put together, delicious and easy to cleanup later also! Which is why this one-dish baked chicken recipe is the bomb! It’s a hit with the whole family. Do try it and let me know what you think!
As my kids get older, I joke with them that they act as if they are the judges on a cooking show. Thankfully this one passes their pretty strict taste taste!
One-Dish Baked Chicken Recipe
Boneless chicken breasts: 4
Mayonnaise: 4 tablespoon
Breadcrumbs: 1/2 cup
Salt: to taste
Onion powder: 1 teaspoon
Dried basil: 1 teaspoon
Ginger powder: 1 teaspoon
Black pepper: 1 teaspoon
How to Make
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place chicken breasts on the baking tray and pour mayonnaise on top.
- Now get in there with your hands and mix the mayo well all around the chicken breast pieces.
- Sprinkle half of the salt, black pepper, onion powder, dried basil and ginger powder and mix again with your hands.
- Add the salt, black pepper, onion powder, dried basil and ginger powder and mix with the bread crumbs.
- Pour the breadcrumbs and the rest of the salt, black pepper, onion powder, dried basil and ginger powder on top of the chicken breast pieces and mix well them so that all sides are covered well. You can shake off any access if you like.
- Place in the oven already heated at 400F.
- Bake for 50 minutes, turning in between.
- If you want a more charred effect, you can broil the chicken for a minute in the end.
The kids love this chicken with vegetables.
I like to have the chicken over a bowl of fresh salad!
[Also on the blog: Super Easy Chicken Nuggets Recipe]
Reasons I love this one-dish baked chicken recipe
- The whole recipe is centred on one dish that is used to marinate the chicken, store it, bake it and then serve! Which means: easy cleanup!
- You can marinate the chicken and store overnight in the fridge or for two days. Really helps with meal prep.
- The whole family loves the recipe. The sides can be customized according to the preferences of kids or adults.
Do tell me if you try the one-dish baked chicken recipe and how it turned out for you!