This delicious pink lemonade recipe is perfect for summer days! Why make simple lemonade when you can make pink lemonade! Somehow kids love it more plus it looks so pretty!
Make this pink lemonade for birthday parties, baby showers or a play date! This recipe is so simple that you can involve the children in making it with or for you. Mine definitely love the tasting part the best!
Pink Lemonade Recipe
- Make the sugar syrup by adding two cups of sugar to two cups of boiling water in a pot and cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Transfer to a bowl and let the mix cool.
- Blend two cups of strawberries (you can also use frozen ones).
- Add the blended strawberries to the sugar syrup.
- Squeeze out 5-6 lemons and add the lemon juice to the mix.
- Add 3-4 cups of chilled water according to your taste preference.
- Add lemon slices and strawberry bits along with ice cubes.
- Serve chilled.
We took this pink lemonade to a picnic in the park on a really hot day and it was a hit!
Hussein was proudly telling all his friends that this is my recipe. Look at the joy on his face as his friends enjoyed the drink.
While I’m more of a “Shakanjbeen” fan, a drink from my childhood that was a sweetened lemonade, I’m all for adapting for my children’s tastes also.
You can add mint or watermelons to this drink for added layers of flavour.
Make popsicles from any leftovers of this pink lemonade. Much better than store-bought ice cream any day.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Do share if you make!