I love Baingan (eggplant)! This is a delicious and simple Baingan Recipe that can be enjoyed with white rice or hot naan. This recipe was shared by my friend Komal and I love the tangy taste. I’m a big Baingan fan and also for easy recipes, so this one was a win-win for me!
Baingan (eggplant): 1 big one (or 4-5 small ones)
Onion: 1 nicely chopped
Tomatoes: 3 chopped
Plain Yogurt: 1 cup
Salt: to taste
Red Chilies Powder: 1 tablespoon
Chaat Masala: 1 tablespoon
Dhaniya (coriander) powder: 1 tablespoon
Haldi (turmeric): 1 teaspoon
Green onions: 2 chopped
Fresh Dhaniya (coriander): 1 tablespoon chopped
Imli: to taste
- Mix the Chaat Masala, salt and red chili powder in the yogurt. Cut the eggplant in round pieces and marinate in the yogurt mix
- Heat oil in a pot and brown the onions
- Now add the tomatoes + dhaniya + salt + red chili powder and cook till the oil separates
- Add the marinated eggplant pieces and cook on low to medium heat for another 15 minutes
- Garnish with fresh dhaniya (coriander) and chopped onions
- The original recipe includes a teaspoon of imli in the yogurt marinate. But i find the recipe sufficiently tangy even without it. Feel free to add it if you like imli!
Enjoy this delicious Baingan (eggplant) recipe with white rice or hot naan!